Let’s Get Started
Starting a New Landscape Project
Options to Get the Landscape You Want
As a homeowner, you have 3 basic Landscape options:
Your content goes here. Edit or remove this text inline or in the module Content settings. You can also style every aspect of this content in the module Design settings and even apply custom CSS to this text in the module Advanced settings.
Option 1: Do Landscape Project Yourself
For small or simple projects, if you have the time and the willingness to do it, option 1 is maybe the solution for you. Option 1 is the least expensive if you don’t make mistakes and you have at least the minimum of expertise.
You manage the project and do it yourself, and you’re responsible for its duration, quality, and cost. All American Supply freely provides professional advice and suggestions to help you perform simple and small projects.
Option 2: Contract the Entire Landscape Project
For this option, you usual contract Landscape Designer or Landscape Contractor to perform the complete project. Only choose a trusted landscape professional with expertise and experience to do the job.
For large or complex projects or projects that require special knowledge or skills, we highly recommend this option for the best quality results and smallest implement time. Many homeowners will get higher quality and receive greater satisfaction than attempting using either option 1 or 3. This option ussual provides a limited warranty for healthy plants and craftsmanship.
Option 3: Manage the Landscape Project Yourself
For projects more involved or you need help implemeted, we recommend option 3. Option 3 is a comprise between option 1 and 2 and can save you money over using option 2. This option allows for trade-offs by using contracted vendors to perform the tasks you lack expertise or don’t want to do and still allow you to do some of work yourself.
For example, if your landscape project requires a large volume of mulch, having the mulch delivered will save you time and the hassle of transporting it. Another example, if you don’t have enough time, you may want to hire a reliable landsccape laborer to carry the mulch from the source pile and spread it.
- Create a sketch of the landscape shape
- Develop a landscape design using our suggestions
- Measure landscape area (length times width)
- Determine the plants based on types, colors, size, plant growth spread, sun, shade, etc.
- Determine ground-cover material products to complement the design and selected plants.
- Select the perimeter edging of brick, stone, fencing, etc
- Review & Finalize your Landscape Design
- Create a List of Billable Materials
- Clear the landscape of unwanted plants and turn over the soil
- Verify the sprinkler system is working and provides the needed coverage
- Shop & buy plants at the nursery
- Shop & order perimeter edging
- Pick up plants (flowers, shrubs & trees) & ensure they are watered daily before planting
- Decide to pick up or delivery of compost and ground-cover landscape material products
- Calculate & order Black Gold Compost from us to cover the landscape area 6 inches to enrich the soil
- Calculate & order ground-cover landscape products from us to cover 3 inches
- Order Landscape Material Products from All American Landscape Supply
- Install perimeter edging
- Install and mix Black Gold Compost with soil
- Install flowers, plants, and shrub
- Install ground-cover landscape products
- Water Landscape every day for the next 30 days